MidiMidi FAQ & Help
- How do I install MidiMidi?
- Simply download it from the Download Page and run the Installer.
- What are the System Requirements?
- Screen size should be 1024 x 700 or above. Windows Vista, 7, and 8; macOS 10.7 and up are supported. Try before you buy!
- What is your Update Policy?
- You will get all updates for free, forever.
- How can I connect MidiMidi to my Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) / other MIDI software?
You need some kind of "Virtual MIDI cable" to connect MidiMidi to other software products. Neither Windows nor macOS come with a preconfigured virtual MIDI cable, but it's pretty easy to install one.
macOS: Please follow the guide here: http://feelyoursound.com/setup-midi-os-x/
Windows: Please follow the guide here: http://feelyoursound.com/setup-midi-windows/
- How do I edit a Pad?
Click on "Edit" and you can change the settings of each pad individually. A black dot will mark the pad that is currently active.
The following settings can be made:
Basic Settings: Select whether the pad sends note or controller data. Assign a colour to organize your space. Adding a label to the pad is possible as well.
Note Settings: Will be used when "Mode: Note" is set. Change the MIDI channel (10 is usually used for drums, by the way), the instrument number (usually this can be 0), and the note. "Toggle: Yes" turns on the pad the first time you hit it; hit it a second time and it will be off again (useful for loops etc).
CC-Pad: These settings are used when "Mode: CC-Pad" is set. The pad will send controller data on the chosen channel. You can define which controller values are sent on pad press and pad release.
- How can I use the Keyboard to hit the Pads?
Hit the keys that are displayed on the pads to play them. Use W to switch between banks.
- How can I assign different Keys to the Pads?
You can change the assigned keys in the settings. Click the button "Edit keymapping" and follow the instructions. Press "Reset keymapping to defaults" if you want to reset MidiMidi to the factory defaults.
- Windows: What do the Settings "Catch keys globally" and "Consume global keys" mean?
"Catch keys globally" means that MidiMidi will detect key presses even if another window is on top. The other window will receive these key presses as well. If you turn on both "Consume global keys" and "Catch keys globally" the other window won't receive the keys anymore (so only MidiMidi will respond to key events then).
This is a Windows only setting as macOS doesn't allow applications to do something like that.
- How can I update to the newest Version?
- Simply download the current version from the Download Page. The installer will autodetect your license key if you install to the same folder as before.
- I have a Question about my Order or Payment
- All orders are processed by share-it, a specialized and secure payment provider for software products. Please use their Customer Care Center if you have any questions about orders and payments. Tech support is done by me, though.
- I think I found a Bug / Error
- Bummers. Please contact me and tell me what happened. This will make both you and me very happy, as I can only fix issues that I am aware of ;). Thanks in advance for reporting!
- Can I use it on Linux?
- You can use Wine to run MidiMidi. Take a look at the Wine Database for XotoPad for more hints. Thanks go out to Denis Comtesse for testing and the instructions!
- How can I become an affiliate?
- Please join the Share-it affiliate program for MidiMidi.